Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Guest Blogger: Being able to keep the past behind

Hey lovely people :) Today an awesome friend of mine, Chris (follow him on Twitter if you want to know him better) is doing a guest post for me. Lately I have been lacking in posts and I feel so bad. I am hoping to have guess posts every week if I can or maybe one every month :). I think it would be pretty awesome (and less work for me to think :P hehehe, kidding). Here is some food of thoughts from Chris.

                                                    ......................

I'm sure everyone knows life brings it's surprises every day in life. Sometimes these are to be remembered and some are best to be forgotten. It's almost certainly very easy to see people everyday walk past and judge but next time your surrounded by people you don't usually see spare a thought for each one of them. Every person has scars of regrets and memories of fear they have to carry with them every day. Although some people carry more pain than others I am sure not one person has existed without a significant issues from their perspective.



The problem is however insignificant some of these problems may seem to us to the person these problems can be huge personally and really harm someone's confidence. So what is the answer to forgetting all of life's problems and moving along?



You can't exactly ignore them because then you aren't mending and improving yourself to learn from your previous wrongdoings. The problem is you can't dwell on them forever because regrets can begin to affect your future negatively. So where exactly is the line between these two areas and how hard is it to get there?



I think it depends on you as a person; around the point when regrets don't keep you awake at night and at the point where you can accept what you've done wrong, keeping the past in the past. You need to see how even if you wish whatever happened in the past had never happened, at the end of the day you can only become stronger from your past. I guess it's up to the individual to the most extent and how willing you are to accept your mistakes and be persistent until you achieve what you've been fighting for.


                                                 .......................

Honestly I feel like I have been there and I have not moved on yet. Maybe I should and look at the bright side, I am still here I can make better decisions and not regret any decisions I have made in the past. I need to move on :) Have you ever come across problems in your life that you regret?


Thank you Chris. This kinda made my day. :)



                                    

1 comment:

Mimi said...

this is a really good topic to think about! i think we need to give ourselves time to dwell on certain things -- we need to feel sad when we feel sad, be angry when we're angry. with that said, i think it's also important to snap out of it at some point. accept it, deal with it, and move on. i know, it's easier said than done, but it's possible. :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Udderly Smooth Giveaway