Saturday, December 12, 2009

You know it's X-mas when your orchestra practice starts playing the Christmas Song

Yes, it is officially Christmas! Last night we spent 3 hours playing Christmas songs. I get it, it's like 2 weeks before Christmas but well I don't have anything against Christmas I suppose. But I like Christmas songs to be played like in March or June...December is too Christmas-y. I know weird...but we did have fun playing Christmas songs. Songs like Frosty the snowman, Hark the Herald angels sing, O ye faithful (ok I don't know if I spelled it right) and a few other Christmas must-play. I'd put some Christmas songs up but I think it's overrated :P haha.


We did play 3 pieces by Anita Hewitt-Jones. It was fun pieces. I love Ragtime, it just reminds me of fun Autumn evenings, running through the fields...maybe it's just me ;).




No comments: