Thursday, November 17, 2011

TV Date: The Pillars of the Earth || Game of Thrones

So ever since I can remember, I am pretty much into shows or miniseries with the mid evil theme. From the Three Musketeers to Robin Hood, to The legend of King Arthur and the knights of the round table, to Merlin. There's also the story of King Henry VIII (if I remember correctly) and there was also Anne Boleyn (which I gotta say is really interesting and sad), and Queen Elizabeth. Funny thing about that I have not seen the Tudors yet. That will be on my list.

So when CLK's sister told me about Game of Thrones (I didn't know it existed even after my friend obsessively tweeted about it on Twitter for weeks) I decide...meh why not. I'll give it a go. :D The opening theme kinda scare me (don't ask me why and I always skip it) and....I loved it! Even though I hate the torturous torture they do it floats my boat.

And this month, November, they started showing The Pillars of the Earth on tv and I was like, WHA--? How come I haven't seen this before? I have always wanted to read this book by Ken Follett but I have never gotten the book and thought why not just watch it? I know most people say books are better than shows or series but I love watching if I can. :)

The opening of pillars of the earth reminds me of the opening theme for game of thrones...somewhat similar.










So have any of you seen or read The pillar of the earth by Ken Follett?

No comments: