Saturday, October 13, 2012

Think Pink!

I usually do this the beginning of the month but I totally forgot, it is Pinktober month! and my birthday month too, CLK and I that is. And a whole lot of our friends too. Crazy that a bunch of people I know are born in October Pinktober (my aunt have the same birthday as me and his son have the same birthday as my sister - 8th October Pinktober!).




If you are wondering why is it Pinktober (I hope you know what I am talking about) it is because October is breast cancer awareness month. :) I am proud to be sharing my birthday month with an awareness that every women and men should know about, how to detect it early and prevent it at all cost. Well prevention is better than cure is what they say and knowing how to check for it, doing breast examination is a must for all your ladies out there. If you don't want to do it let your boyfriend/fiancee/husband do it. I am sure they will be happy to feel up examine your breasts for you.



My aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer and she passed away years ago. I have friends that found lumps in their breasts and thankfully they were harmless. It is crucial that everyone know how to check for lumps and if they feel like their breasts are changing consult a doctor. I do check my breasts every time I am in the shower or in front of a mirror. This blog has some interesting facts and information about breast cancer.

So all of this October or Pinktober, think pink!! I know there are a lot of awareness programs, runs, walks, products, organization that raises funds all through the month to raise money for breast cancer research. I will try my best to do my part and I hope you do too.


Pink!

I wish I had pink lipstick or something but I found out I lack the color pink in my makeup collection :P. I guess that's one reason to go shopping for makeup eh? :P And since it is also the month of Halloween madness, I went a little crazy with the font. :D Don't worry it will go away once Halloween passes over us. 

Have a berry pink weekend everyone. Remember think PINK!

No comments: