Friday, February 4, 2011

Project 365: #35 Chinese New Year

It was a pretty cloudy day on Chinese New Year, and I only visited one friend :). That was a must though so I am all set for the next Chinese New Year :D. CLK and I were on a walk after dinner and saw this. They were drumming to celebrate the new year. It was pretty loud and awesome, hence I have never been out around town this time of year. One, there are a lot of last minute shopping and crazy traffic. Although on the actual day itself, the city is like a ghost town. :P It was a lot of fun since there was a ton of parking spaces and you can literally stand in the middle of the street and take pictures. Dang, I should've done that!!



People on opposite sides of the street, playing the chinese drum. Too bad there was no lion dance, or maybe we just missed that.

5 comments:

Lee Oliveira said...

My chinese neighbours were partying until 5am..
Didn't mind.. later one she brought me food to say sorry..
Love it
lee x

a!k0 said...

Awww how sweet :D At least she sent you yummy food :) and she was sorry about it. Love it when people are concerned :)

Chris said...

I want to experience chinese new year! D= no fair haha! Looks like so much fun, sorry I missed a few posts comment wise, work is destroying my life right now! And i have no clue why you can't see that video I sent you...

Keirasluckycharm said...

Happy New Year! for the second time lol =)

a!k0 said...

@Rainbowing: :D Don't worry..I know you are lurking around on Twitter ;) I'll try to play it again...Ahh next year, Chinese New Year ;) Maybe I'll get you a lantern or something :D

@Keirasluckycharm: Thank you :D