Thursday, September 27, 2012

League Cup: Arsenal v Coventry City

Last night was the 3rd round of the Capitol One cup (I think it was the Carling cup before?) and Arsenal played at home against Coventry City. I knew it was going to be a good game but I was really pissed that they didn't play it live on tv. Come on Astro!

Anyway I was happy that Arshavin get to start and Chamakh was on the bench. A lot of the players that played in the game was not the usual first 11 players and I was excited to watch Martinez, Yennaris and Miquel on the pitch. I hope I get to watch the replay. They freakin' won 6-1!





Olivier Giroud finally scored his 1st goal on his 7th appearance for the club. I was so excited about this. :D He has been trying to score and finally got it. I hope this bring him luck in the games to come. Alex 'The-Ox' scored an awesome goal too after Giroud missed the penalty. As I predicted Arshavin gets his first goal this season, Miquel added one and Walcott scored 2 to make up 6 for Arsenal. Overall I am happy with the score line. Coventry got a consolation goal in the 78' minute.

The fourth round is set to be played end of October where Arsenal will meet Reading. I hope they will do as good as they did in the 3rd round. The good news is Manchester United will have to meet Chelsea. So one less team to worry about! :D

No comments: