Monday, August 31, 2009

Merdeka

I know this is 1st of September (here it is) but I just want to make a shout out to everyone out there who celebrated our Independence yesterday.


SELAMAT HARI MERDEKA**!! 1 Malaysia.

Ok I am a lil late on that throw-your-hands-up-in-the-air-kinda-thingy, but I really meant to post this yesterday, really. :D I did not celebrate. Nope. Not this year. Nor any other year. Well maybe some years when I was in college, bored with the internet, since you're on it 24/7 (damn I should've started this blog then, actually I do blog but on MySpace :P) and go, 

'hey why don't we go make a fool of ourself and try to look slutty sultry and sexy while doing it?'  

Haha, nah I'm not like that. Really. :D So some 31st August was great, or should I say the 30th night. We use to rent this house, and from there we could see fireworks and didn't have to be stuck in traffic to go to the stadium or whatsoever to watch it. Cool heh? :D We'd usually just sit on the park benches in front of our rented house and take pictures with the firework on display. I think 2 years ago was the best, since our college had a firework display too and the state had a firework display too. It sounded like Thor was having an uproar with Zeus :P and I feel like I was in this colorful, bright, loud, and magical land.

Awesome. I think I have some pictures. I'd have to dig those up. :D

Anywhooo, this year was bleh. I, for one, did not really enjoy the night/day. It was kinda peaceful yet boring. Altho I fell asleep before midnight I probably missed the fireworks. :( Oh well I'd have to wait till New Years. But the kids were playing fire crackers and fireworks of their own. Damn, annoying kids!!! But yeah, it dampers the mood of my Merdeka night. But at least I got a good night sleep, eh? :D Well deserved.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Oh, I just realized that it was also the anniversary of the death of Princess Diana. She died 31st August 1997, and I remembered that day clearly. Since it was our Independence day, we were celebrating it. With joy. Then the news of the princess dying really shocked me. So every year on the 31st of August, it always reminds me of the horrible crash that took her life away. :) Altho I did not know her but she has done amazing things in the short life. You will always be missed.





**Selamat Hari Merdeka = Happy Independence Day

2 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

My Mom adored her. She really did have a wonderful soul!

a!k0 said...

Me too, all the things she did and raising such humble princes, I saw her 10 years anniversary pictures and of Will and Harry, they really took over their mom's job of helping the world.