Monday, July 2, 2012

Viva Espana~~ Euro 2012 Champions (again!)

For the last 4 weeks I have been hooked on football. Since the regular football ended not long ago, Euro 2012 started last month and ended Sunday (Monday night for me). As you can tell Spain is still the champions and said to be the best football team in the world. They have won 3 major cups in a row, Euro 2008, world cup 2010 and Euro 2012.

The final game was Spain vs Italy.


 
It was Mario Balotelli vs the whole Spanish squad. It was one of the best game of the whole competition, except maybe when Italy beat Germany. I really wished Germany would have won but Italy was amazing that night. But during the finals, Spain was the better team. Honestly I think they were not as sharp and not as alert as the Spanish team. It is sad to see them lose, but I think I would feel the same if Spain lost. They didn't! I am so proud!! I am not even spanish :P. One of the funny moment was when the camera showed Charles Puyol and David Villa who was not playing this time around on their phones (I assume they were tweeting the win - and I was right!) LOL. It was the most goals scored in a final, 4 - 0. That is what was so heartbreaking. The Italian team have used up all 3 of their substitute so when one of their player had a hamstring injury, they were screwed. They were playing with 10 man - which I think was a disadvantage. I think there should be a rule set aside for this, in case it happens again. It makes it unfair and like playing with a handicap.




vii
It is heartbroken to see a team lost but that's the game, someone gotta lose and go home heartbroken. I use to be an Italian fan but now I follow where ever Cesc Fabregas goes :P. HAHA...once a gunner always a gunner. I am curious to see which team would be the one to beat the Spanish team. Fabregas, Torres, Silva, Ramos, Casillas, Iniesta, Xavi, Alonso and the likes... congratualations. Another win in the pockets. Now that the football is over I think I can get some sleep. And wait for the premier league to start. Another month or so...then more football action for me!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes, espana did a great job! :) they're amazing in football!
in btw really nice blog you have here, dear. keep it up :))

xoxo FlirtingwithFashion

a!k0 said...

Yes they were awesome :) Thank you :D