Thursday, December 23, 2010

Movie Date: Alvin and the Chipmunks, Easy A, Indiana Jones, Salt

Hey everybody. I have been a bad blogger. I have not blogged, except for saying that last Saturday's match was cancelled due to bad weather. It has been a pretty long 2 weeks (or more). A lot have been going on :D, nothing major or anything. Just here and there, lil stuff, and people getting married, people passing away, busy with practice, celebrating stuff (I'll post pictures later :D), hmmm lets see what else? Movies :D.

My cousin is getting married this weekend so all the relatives are flocking into town, so it would be kinda loud, noisy and busy. I hope to get pictures. :)

Ok, on to movies. The last few days or so my family kinda bonded, it has been awhile. Playing scrabble while eating sunflower seed and watching movies. The 4 movies that I remember watching (on the top of my head anyway) are:


Alvin and the Chipmunk

I don't really have high hopes for this movie, because I love the cartoon series! My favorite is of course Theodore. :D He is such a chubbs ^__^. And I was surprised that I actually like it. :D Not the greatest but a fun movie to watch with kids and family. Very relaxed and funny. And I still do LOVE Theodore!! He is so chubby (in a chipmunk way) and reminds me of my cat Kitt (I'll have to show you a picture of chubby Kitt later).

On rottentomatoes.com it received 4.4/10. I just think people expect more from this movie. I still think it's fun. :D






Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of Crystal Skulls

This was a pretty tough movie. I love Indian Jones movies, the older ones but this just suck. Bad. I don't like the movies from start to finish. I was pretty disappointed. I read the reviews and it wasn't good, and to top it off, there was aliens!!! (Sorry but aliens are a no no). I manage to snooze in the middle of the movie.

To top it off rottentomatoes.com gave it a 7/10 o.O. Sorry Indy you just did not rock my boat.







Salt

I was skeptical about this movie. I am not really a fan of Angelina Jolie, and some people liked it and some people don't. After watching it, I actually like it. :D It's action packed, and it's like a puzzle piece, and of course me and my sister try to play 'director' - saying this will happen, and that will happen ^__^ it's fun! Hehe...this movie reminds me of the Ocean movies. You know the one with Brad Pitt, George Clooney, and Matt Damon. I love those movies, my sister on the other hand didn't. It didn't have a lot of action but the story line is pretty complex. :D Just like Leverage.

Rottentomatoes.com gave it a 5.9/10. I liked it, could watch it again. :)






Easy A

Now, this movie is funny, fun and different. It's one of those movies you can go and bring your date but they might not like cause it's a chick flick. I actually enjoy this movie. It's different, it's funny, it's fun. :D If you haven't watch it, you should. It'd say this is a date movie, you don't really have to pay attention to the movie, ;) if you know what I mean. I actually like Emma Stone in this movie. :D

Rottentomatoes.com gave it a 7.1/10. Totally agreed.




3 comments:

Ayu Muhamad said...

oh! please blog on ur cousin's wedding ^^
I thnk I wanna watch Easy A..cz I jst saw the prev on astro..not sure what channel..lame~and I like Emma Stone too.. high 5

Straylights said...

I've been a bad blogger too :-/ oh well!

I saw part of Alvin and the chipmunks and I had to cover my ears and run away. Their voices were SO annoying.

Don't even mention that craptastic Indiana Jones movie to me. I HATED IT!! HATE! Plus Harrison Ford is OLD lol!


I'm not really a fan of Angelina sooooo I didn't really like Salt either. Also, I didn't like how they kind of left it open for a sequel.

Easy A is on my movies to watch list!



I just saw Black Swan with Natalie Portman and omg that movie is freaky awesome!


Ok I'm done rambling :D

a!k0 said...

@Ayu: Go watch!!! :D It's funny at least I think so XD and I hope I can. My camera battery charger blew up so no batts for my camera, =__= so FML!

@Straylights: LOL yeah it's just kinda tiring busy for me :-/ I am a bad blogger!!

Oh yeah, I didn't like the Indy movie, Salt was ok I didn't like Jolie but I guess I did ending up liking it. Alvin is just cute :P couldn't resist. I think I like the CG chipmunks XDD

Oh gonna go check that movie out! And don't worry about rambling!! ;) Merry Christmas!