Monday, October 31, 2011

Movie Date: Hachiko - A dog's story

I have heard of the tale of this dog before I knew there was a movie about it. Before playing the movie and watching it, I knew I was gonna cry. It is a story about a professor who found an abandoned dog on a train platform and the bond they have. He died one day and the dog keeps coming to the train station to wait for him, for 10 years.

Seriously...I cried. OMG it is so sad. =___=




I wish my cats would wait for me when I get home. Although they do wait for me because the want food. I think there's something about Richard Gere in this movie that makes it so...believable and sad. In Japan, they erected a bronze statue at the train station (I can't remember where now. Edit: It's at Shibuya Station and every April the people hold a special celebration in honor of the Akita) at the place he use to sit and wait.

I think the part when I knew he was going to die is the saddest. Have you watch this movie?

2 comments:

Keirasluckycharm said...

OMG my husband told me about this. I really want to see it now. Thanks for sharing <3

a!k0 said...

It's a sad story, although i have to say I am pretty emotional :P so...but it is sad. :) you should watch it with your boy :D the dog is so cute!