Friday, October 22, 2010

Thought of the day: A smile for your thought

So a couple of mornings ago, I went to the gas station. It was early morning, and most people were busy and in a hurry. I was in a hurry to get into bed (again!) because I was really sleep after watching the football match earlier that morning. My friends knows I love to smile at people, just random people. :) A smile can make someone's day, no matter if you know them or not.

So this particular morning, I went to the gas station behind me was this awfully rude car (driver was overtaking me and it somehow got me a lil pissed). So he pulled beside me. It was an elderly man, reminded me of my late grandfather. I was somewhat angry that he made the move to overtake me but I was in a jubilant mood that morning (since Arsenal just won!!). I actually smiled at this elderly man, he had a lil frown on his face as he got out of the car. I could've been really rude and pouted at him but I didn't.

Getting back to my car, I do what most people do at gas station, pump the gas. And little did I know that bitter looking elderly man actually smiled back at me and asked me how I was that morning. :) That actually made me smile, and we actually chatted for like 2 minutes. And he told me he just took his children to school. He also made a joke about cars and gas. LOL I don't remember what it was but it was funny at the time.

So yeah my point is, a smile can go a long way :). Who knows, someone would want to trade your smile for a thought. <3


6 comments:

Ayu Muhamad said...

How nice =)
I'm not good at it tho..I mean smiling.. x(

a!k0 said...

LOL don't worry it takes practice :D You should check out some giveaway i posted a few days back.. heheh...smile makes you feel better ;)

Ayu Muhamad said...

yup2..I'm checking it rn =)
ur post entries do make me smile =D

a!k0 said...

Awww <3 see? :D smiling is good ;)

Mandy said...

cute picture :)

a!k0 said...

@Mandy: I wish my kitty would smile like that :)